Saturday 22 October 2011

Dilapidated or history

I have always been fascinated by history. While my friends slept through history classes in school, I was all wide eyed, fascinated by stories that were real. They say history is the past and I say its the foundation on which we made our present and future.

Actually I think I am fascinated by all things old...I can sit hours with the oldies of my family, listening to the tales of their times...and I love roaming the back lanes of London in search in local vintage shops trying to get cheap bargains for antiques...and I love dilapidated buildings. Of  the last, there are quite a few around where I currently stay and I see them every day, and yet they never fail to catch my eye

All the buildings you will see below have been abandoned, rusting away...but look carefully and you will too see the ancient charm in them











4 comments:

  1. i like these buildings, although they are dilapidated, you can believe they were created with care and thought was given to their beauty. The carving and domes and colour all signify that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure enough...agree with you on that. thats why they still hold their charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one with the tree growing out of the window is amazing. What beautiful buildings in such sad shape. And so fun to photograph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Katie...it was indeed fun to capture these images

    ReplyDelete